1. At the invitation of Chinese leaders, Prime Minister Imran Khan of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan will visit Beijing from February 3 to 6, 2022 and attend the opening ceremony of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. During the meeting, President Xi Jinping met with Prime Minister Imran Khan, and Premier Li Keqiang held a meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan.
2. Prime Minister Imran Khan appreciated China’s meticulous and thoughtful arrangements and congratulated China on successfully hosting a simple, safe and wonderful Winter Olympics. China and Pakistan agreed that the Olympic Games is an international event that promotes understanding, tolerance and friendship between peoples of different countries. The Chinese leader thanked Prime Minister Imran Khan for attending the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, which demonstrated the solidarity and “hardcore” brotherhood between China and Pakistan. The two sides agreed to maintain the momentum of high-level exchanges and strengthen institutional exchanges in various
3. The leaders of the two countries had an extensive and in-depth exchange of views on issues in various fields including bilateral relations, regional situation and international political situation. The talks continued the fine tradition of China-Pakistan all-weather strategic cooperative partnership, with a harmonious atmosphere, reflecting solid strategic mutual trust and reaching broad consensus.
4. Prime Minister Imran Khan once again congratulated the Communist Party of China on its centennial achievements, spoke highly of the leadership role of the Communist Party of China with General Secretary Xi Jinping at its core in promoting China’s prosperity and development, and appreciated President Xi Jinping’s own guidance and guidance for the sustainable development of China-Pakistan relations. contribute.
5. Leaders of the two sides firmly believe that the close strategic ties and profound friendship between China and Pakistan have been tested and strengthened with time. China-Pakistan friendship serves the interests of both countries and is the historical choice of the two peoples. The Pakistani side emphasized that China-Pakistan relations are the cornerstone of Pakistan’s foreign policy, and the Pakistani people have always supported the closest friendship between China and Pakistan. The
two sides reaffirmed their mutual support on issues concerning each other’s core interests. Pakistan firmly adheres to the one-China policy and supports China on issues related to Taiwan, the South China Sea, Hong Kong, Xinjiang and Tibet. China reiterated its support for Pakistan in safeguarding its national sovereignty, independence and security, and its economic and social prosperity and development.
6. On behalf of the Pakistani side, Prime Minister Imran Khan once again invited President Xi Jinping to pay a state visit to Pakistan, saying that the Pakistani people look forward to President Xi Jinping’s visit to Pakistan at an early date. Both sides reiterated their willingness to travel at a mutually convenient time.
7. The leaders of both sides are pleased to note that the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and Pakistan in 2021 has become an important milestone in the diplomatic history of the two countries. The two sides agreed that the more than 140 celebrations held between the two countries have injected new vitality into the friendship between the two peoples and left indelible memories for the younger generation.
8. The two sides reviewed with satisfaction the outcomes of the three foreign ministers’ strategic dialogues and agreed to hold the fourth meeting as soon as possible.
9. Prime Minister Imran Khan praised President Xi Jinping’s vision of the Belt and Road Initiative, emphasizing that the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, as a pilot project of the Belt and Road Initiative, has made significant contributions to Pakistan’s economic and social development. The economic security agenda on achieving the transition to a geo-economic and promoting trade, investment and connectivity is well aligned.
10. The two sides believe that the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project, especially the energy and transportation infrastructure projects, has played a key role in enhancing the key position of Pakistan’s regional connectivity and promoting the modernization of Pakistan’s economic foundation. The leaders of the two countries reiterated their support for the high-quality development of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, ensuring the smooth operation of completed projects and the timely completion of projects under construction. The leaders of the two countries noted that the two sides signed the “China-Pakistan Industrial Cooperation Framework Agreement”, and China will fully support the development of Pakistan’s industrialization. The Chinese side appreciates Imran Khan’s attendance at the launching ceremony of the China-Pakistan Business Investment Forum, which will promote the strengthening of cooperation between enterprises of the two countries.
11. The leaders of the two countries agreed to use the functions of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor Joint Cooperation Committee to strengthen cooperation in various fields such as economy and trade, infrastructure, industrial development, agricultural modernization, science and technology, and economic, social and people’s livelihood. The two sides noted the close cooperation between the two countries in the fields of health, environmental protection and information technology, and agreed to build the China-Pakistan Health Corridor, Industrial Corridor, Trade Corridor, Green Corridor and Digital Corridor.
12. The two sides emphasized the pillar status of Gwadar Port in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor and its important node role in regional interconnection. carbon cycle area. Create highquality livelihood projects to promote economic and social development and improve people’s livelihood in Gwadar.
13. The two sides expressed their firm determination to protect the CPEC from all threats and negative publicity. The Pakistani side once again pledged to make every effort to ensure the safety of all Chinese personnel, projects and institutions in Pakistan, and the Chinese side appreciates the relevant measures taken by Pakistan.
14. The two sides noted that the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor is a mutually beneficial and win-win cooperation project that has played a key role in the prosperity and connectivity of the region. As an open and inclusive initiative, third parties are welcome to benefit from investment opportunities in CPEC industrial parks.
15. The two sides reviewed with satisfaction the mutual support and cooperation between China and Pakistan since the outbreak of COVID-19. Prime Minister Imran Khan thanked the Chinese leaders for providing Pakistan with the COVID-19 vaccine, which is the main support for large-scale vaccination across the country. The leaders of the two sides agreed that the mutual support, cooperation and solidarity between the two countries during the epidemic reflects the long tradition of China-Pakistan friendship, and the two sides will continue to support each other until the epidemic is overcome.
16. The two sides reaffirmed that they will strengthen the existing cooperation between the two countries in emergency management systems, public health infrastructure and the establishment of joint ventures in the Pakistani pharmaceutical industry to meet similar challenges in the future. 17. Both sides are satisfied with the record growth of bilateral trade in 2021. Agree to make full use of the “China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement Phase II Protocol” to further consolidate and expand bilateral trade. China welcomes more high-quality food and agricultural products from Pakistan to enter the Chinese market.
18. The two sides welcome the establishment of the Pakistan Pavilion on the Chinese ecommerce platform, and agree to further strengthen e-commerce cooperation, establish an online payment system, and cooperate in logistics, warehousing and customs facilitation.
19. Both sides expressed satisfaction with the successful holding of the 15th meeting of the China-Pakistan Joint Committee on Economy, Trade and Technology in December 2021. The two sides agreed to make good use of this important mechanism to further strengthen the comprehensive economic cooperation between the two countries.
20. The Pakistani side believes that China’s achievements in lifting 770 million people out of absolute poverty are unparalleled, and wish the Chinese government and people greater
achievements in realizing the goals of socialist modernization and national rejuvenation. The Chinese side appreciates the Pakistani side’s Isaas poverty alleviation project, and reiterates that it will support the Pakistani side in building infrastructure in such fields as agriculture, education, sanitation, safe drinking water and vocational training.
21. The two sides expressed satisfaction with the strong cooperation between China and Pakistan in the field of education, and committed to further strengthening the cooperation between the educational institutions of the two countries. The Pakistani side emphasized that China has become a popular destination for studying abroad. On the premise of ensuring the safety of epidemic prevention, China will steadily meet the needs of Pakistani students returning to China to resume classes.
22. The two sides reaffirmed the importance of people-to-people and cultural exchanges, tourism cooperation and cultural exchanges in strengthening bilateral relations. The two sides agreed to celebrate the “China-Pakistan Tourism Exchange Year” in 2023 on the basis of the “Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the People’s Republic of China and the Ministry of Inter-Provincial Coordination of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on Promoting Tourism Exchanges and Cooperation” signed in November last year. Contacts between tourism promotion agencies and private enterprises of the two countries.
23. The two sides agreed to do their best to support China and Pakistan to strengthen cultural exchanges and to further expand bilateral cooperation in the protection and display of cultural relics. The leaders of the two countries welcomed the 2022 exhibition of Gandhara art at the Palace Museum in Beijing.
24. The two sides agreed to maintain the momentum of defense cooperation between the two militaries at all levels, stressing that strengthening China-Pakistan defense and security cooperation is an important factor in maintaining peace and stability in the region.
25. The Chinese side recognizes the sacrifices and efforts made by the Pakistani side in the fight against terrorism. Both sides reaffirmed their commitment to combating terrorism in all its forms. 26. The two sides reiterated that a peaceful and prosperous South Asia serves the common
interests of all parties. The two sides stressed that resolving all outstanding disputes through dialogue is of great significance to promoting regional cooperation as well as lasting peace, stability and common prosperity.
27. The Pakistani side briefed the Chinese side on the latest developments in the situation in Jammu and Kashmir, including the Pakistani side’s concerns, positions and pressing issues currently facing. China reiterates that the Kashmir issue is a dispute left over from history and should be properly resolved peacefully in accordance with the UN Charter, relevant Security Council resolutions and bilateral agreements. China opposes any unilateral actions that complicate the situation.
28. Regarding the Afghanistan issue, the two sides agreed that a peaceful, stable, united and secure Afghanistan is crucial to regional prosperity and progress. The two sides expressed satisfaction with the outcomes of the two foreign ministers’ meetings of Afghanistan’s neighbors and looked forward to the next meeting held by China. China and Pakistan are willing to discuss with Afghanistan to hold the China-Afghanistan-Pakistan Foreign Ministers’ Dialogue.
29. Both sides stressed the need to expedite humanitarian aid to Afghanistan and its people to avoid a looming crisis, and called on the international community to continue to provide Afghanistan with more aid and support, including the thawing of Afghan financial assets. The two sides are willing to discuss with Afghanistan the extension of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor to Afghanistan. The Chinese side appreciates the Pakistani side’s hosting of the OIC Special Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on Afghanistan on December 19, 2021. The two sides agreed to continue to cooperate closely on the Afghan issue in the future.
30. The two sides expressed satisfaction with the close cooperation on multilateral occasions and determined to further deepen strategic communication, coordination and consultation. The two sides reaffirmed their adherence to the purposes and principles of the UN Charter and their support for multilateralism and win-win cooperation.
31. Prime Minister Imran Khan welcomed and reiterated his support for the global development initiative proposed by President Xi Jinping to promote international cooperation and accelerate the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Both sides reaffirmed their commitment to strengthening the development partnership under the Global Development Initiative.
32. Prime Minister Imran Khan thanked the Chinese leaders and people for their warm reception and wished China continued development and prosperity.
33. During this visit, the two sides signed or reached a number of agreements/memorandums of understanding, covering cooperation in economic technology, industry, investment,
infrastructure, aerospace, vaccines, digitization, standardization, disaster reduction and prevention, culture and sports, vocational education, etc. field.